- 2 medium Florida eggplants
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups dried bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel eggplant and slice into 1/2-inch thick slices. Spread each slice with 1 teaspoon of the tomato sauce.
- Combine breadcrumbs, oregano and salt. Dip eggplant in crumb mixture, coating both sides; shake off excess.
- Put eggplant tomato sauce side up, on a baking sheet and top with cheese. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until browned on top. Serve immediately.
Yield 4 Servings
Return to Main Dishes