- 1 15-ounce can red beans
- 3/4 cup whole-grain bran cereal
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 Florida eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cup Florida spinach
- 5 Florida tomato slices
- 5 hamburger buns
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse, drain and mash beans. Crush cereal and add to beans. Add squash, oats, onion and eggs; mix well.
- Shape into 5 burger patties (about 1/2-inch thick).
- Bake on a greased baking sheet for 10 minutes on each side or until burgers begin to brown. Serve with spinach and tomato slices.
Yield 5 servings
Return to Main Dishes