- 1 15-ounce can red beans or black beans
- 3 cups shredded Florida zucchini and yellow squash (add 1/2 cup for baby)
- 1 medium Florida onion
- 1 small clove Florida garlic
- Dash of chili powder or cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 8-ounce cup tomato sauce
- 1 8-ounce can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 6-8 corn or flour tortillas
- *Optional: Add 1 pound cooked lean ground beef or turkey
- Sauté squash with onion and garlic.
- Add beans, tomato sauce and spices.
- Roll mixture into tortillas and place in 9” x 9” pan.
- Mix cheese and canned diced tomatoes/chilies and pour over burritos.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees, or until hot throughout and bubbling.
Tip: For Baby – Before sautéing squash for recipe take ½ cup squash for baby and steam until tender. Place in food grinder and puree. Freeze any extra portion in ice cube tray for use later.
Yield 4-6 Servings
Return to Main Dishes