- 1 large head Florida cabbage
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken meat, diced
- 1 cup Florida onions, chopped
- 2 cups Florida mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Florida red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup Florida parsley, chopped
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Remove outer leaves from cabbage and cut about 1-inch off the bottom (stem end) of the head. Steam cabbage stem side down until leaves can be removed easily. Set aside.
- Cook chicken and onions in a large skillet until chicken is done and onions are browning. Remove chicken and onions from skillet. Set aside.
- Cook mushrooms and bell pepper in skillet until they begin to brown. Add water chestnuts, parsley and cooked chicken and onions to the skillet; heat thoroughly.
- Remove skillet from heat and let mixture cool.
- Prepare cabbage by removing the thick stem in the center of each piece. Roll one tablespoon of chicken mixture in each of the cabbage leaves. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Yield 6 servings
Return to Main Dishes