- 3 to 3 1/2 pounds chicken pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium Florida onion, halved and sliced
- 3 medium Florida tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound Florida squash, sliced
- Mix together paprika, pepper and 1 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle chicken pieces with mixture.
- Brown chicken under broiler for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Transfer chicken to a large, heavy skillet; add onion, tomatoes, oregano and remaining salt. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Add squash, cover, and cook for 10 minutes longer.
Yield 4 servings
Return to Main Dishes