- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 8 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- 4 large leaves Florida green or red leaf lettuce
- 1 large ripe Florida tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 Florida avocado, sliced and peeled (add 1 small avocado for baby food)
- 12 very thin slices Florida cucumber
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Spread mayonnaise on the 8 slices of bread.
- Layer 4 slices with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 slice tomato, 1 slice avocado, 3 slices cucumber, and 1 slice cheese; top with remaining bread slices. Cut sandwiches in half diagonally.
Tip: For Baby – Just before preparing sandwiches for the family, peel and slice small avocado for baby. Place in food grinder to puree. Freeze any extra portion in ice cube tray for use later.
Yield 4 Sandwiches
Return to Main Dishes