- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped yellow squash
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 15 ounce cans red kidney beans
- 2 15 ounce cans dark red kidney beans
- 2 15 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- Heat oil in heavy saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add onions, garlic, zucchini and squash, cook until onions begin to brown.
- Add cumin, oregano and thyme, mix well.
- Add beans, tomato sauce, vegetable broth and tomato paste.
- Simmer on low heat about one hour or until thickened to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with grated cheese and sliced baguettes.
Return to Main Dishes