- 1 1/2 pound Florida shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 wooden skewers
- Place shrimp on wooden skewers, set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-heat, whisk in mustard and let cool.
- Prepare grill for cooking. When ready to grill, place an oiled rack over the fire. Lightly baste each side of the shrimp with the mustard butter and place on the rack. Grill until opaque in the center, 4 minutes per side, turning once halfway through the grilling time and basting frequently with the mustard butter.
- 2 cups ripe Florida strawberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon Florida honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small bowl combine mint, honey, vinegar and pepper. Add strawberries and coat with mixture. Serve chilled or at room temperature with shrimp.
- Remove skewers before serving shrimp to small children.
Note: Shellfish and strawberries are a high risk allergy foods. Wait until your child is at least one year-old to introduce these foods. Consult your pediatrician for advice.
Return to Main Dishes