- 1 cup thinly sliced Florida squash, blanched or 4 tomato slices
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- margarine or butter
- Combine cream cheese and basil, stirring well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on 4 slices of bread.
- Place one slice of cheddar cheese, one slice of mozzarella cheese and vegetables over cream cheese mixture. Cover with a plain slice of bread.
- Lightly spread margarine on both sides of bread and place in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook 1 minute on each side or until bread is browned and cheese begins to melt.
- Serve immediately.
Yield 4 Servings
Return to Main Dishes