- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large Florida onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large Florida carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dry rosemary
- 1 cup Florida green beans, chopped
- 3 pounds Florida potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat the oil; add the onion, carrot and meat. Cook until done, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the fat and add the broth, tomato paste and rosemary. Simmer until the juices thicken, about 10 minutes, add the green beans. Pour the mixture into a 1 1/2-quart baking dish; set aside.
- Bring potatoes to a boil. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes; drain. Mash the potatoes with the butter, milk and salt. Spread over the meat mixture. Bake until golden, 30 to 35 minutes.
Tip: For Baby – After cooking potatoes in step 4, remove 1 cup of the potatoes before adding butter, milk and salt. Place in food grinder and puree. Freeze any extra in ice cube trays for use later.
Yield 6 Servings
Return to Main Dishes