- 4 large fresh garlic cloves, minced or 1 tea spoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 2 1/2-pound boneless pork loin roast, well trimmed of visible fat
- olive oil
- oil or cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 13” x 9” roasting pan with foil and coat with oil or cooking spray.
- Mix garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Lightly coat the pork loin with olive oil. Rub the herb mixture all over the pork loin. Place pork, what was the fatty side down, into the prepared roasting pan. Roast pork for 30 minutes.
- Turn the roast over, fat side up. Roast another 25 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 155 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes. Pour any juices from roasting pan into small saucepan; set over low heat to keep warm. Skim any fat from top.
- Cut pork crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Pour pan juices over the roast. Serve warm.
Yield 8 servings
Return to Main Dishes