- 12 flat hard shell corn tortillas (tostada size)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Florida mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 Florida carrots, sliced as thin as possible
- 1 medium Florida zucchini, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat jack cheese (or your favorite), grated
- 1 cup home made Florida vegetable salsa (or your favorite store-bought)
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large sauté pan. Add onion and sauté, stirring frequently for 3 to 4 minutes. Add all other vegetables and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Place four tortillas on baking sheet. Evenly distribute spoonfuls of the sautéed vegetables on each tortilla, than add a small amount of the cheese. Repeat so that you have four stacks with three tortillas each. Make sure to save some cheese for the top of the last layer.
- Bake for 6 to 10 minutes until the stacks are heated thoroughly. Garnish the top of each stack with salsa, sour cream and scallions. Serve warm.
Back to Main Dishes