- 1/2 pound wheat pasta or your favorite
- 1 pound ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 1 cup Florida zucchini, chopped (plus one cup chopped for baby)
- 3/4 cup Florida carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Florida mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Florida grape tomatoes, cut into halves or quarters
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
To prepare the Primavera sauce:
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add zucchini and carrots; stir until crispy tender for at least 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes.
- Add ground turkey or beef and cook until done. Remove from heat and carefully drain any visible fat from the skillet.
- Return to heat and add the garlic, Italian seasoning, mushrooms, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add the tomato sauce. Taste sauce for seasoning and add a pinch of salt and pepper if needed. Simmer on low heat until ready to serve.
To prepare pasta:
- Add about 1 quart of water to a large pot and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add pasta to the same boiling water where vegetables were cooked. Stir pasta so it does not stick. Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and put into a large pasta serving bowl.
- Top pasta with primavera sauce and the grated parmesan cheese. Toss and serve immediately. Serve with warm bread and crisp salad.
Return to Main Dishes