- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup Florida onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- oil, as needed for frying
- Place a small amount of the sweet potatoes in a food processor and pulse until the potato pieces are about the size of dried rice; repeat procedure with remaining potatoes until they are similar in size. If you do not have a food processor you can use a hand grater to coarsely grate potatoes.
- Add the onion to the last batch of potatoes to be processed.
- Combined remaining ingredients and add to processed potatoes in a large bowl; mix thoroughly.
- Spoon potato batter into a skillet and fry with 1/8 inch of oil over medium heat. Brown both sides and serve hot.
Tip: For Baby – Cut one sweet potato into small chunks. Boil potato chunks and reserve left over water to thin potatoes. Place potatoes in food grinder and puree. Add reserved water as needed to achieve smooth, thin consistency.
Yield 4 servings
Return to Main Dishes