Kids Can: Gather and measure ingredients; mix the sauce. Older kids can help slice, with supervision.
- 1 1/2 pounds beef, sliced thin
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 Florida tangerine, zested and juiced, separated
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon light low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons natural sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Florida tangerines, peeled and sectioned
- Cooked brown rice
- In medium sized mixing bowl, combine beef, scallions, ginger, bell peppers, tangerine zest and cornstarch. Mix ingredients well to coat.
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
- In small mixing bowl combine tangerine juice, soy sauce and sugar. Stir ingredients until sugar is dissolved.
- Add vegetable oil to preheated sauté pan. Carefully add beef mixture to pan. Cook while stirring constantly until the beef is browned and slightly crispy.
- Add soy sauce mixture and cook until sauce is thickened.
- Toss in fresh tangerine segments and serve over brown rice.
Yield 4 Servings