- 1 large Florida tilapia filet or favorite white fish
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small Florida zucchini, chopped in thin rounds
- 1 Florida carrot, chopped in small rounds
- 1/2 red Florida pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow Florida pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sized Florida onion, chopped
- 8 Florida cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon brown or white Florida sugar
- 1 lemon, fresh squeezed
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the cleaned fish in the middle of a baking pan, sprinkle and spread around the olive oil on both sides of the fish.
- Squeeze the lemon on both sides of the fish, and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Sauté the chopped vegetables in the canola oil just enough to soften a little and set aside.
- In a small cup, mix the oregano, basil, salt and spread over the inside and outside of the fish.
- Pour the sautéed vegetables over the fish; in a bowl, mix the sugar, ketchup and tomato juice and pour over the fish.
- Cover and place in the oven until it is done all the way- the flesh should be soft and flaky. Do not overcook. A general rule for cooking fish is 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
Yield 2 servings
Return to Main Dishes