- 1 12 ounce box of rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sausage, chopped
- 2 cups chopped Florida zucchini
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups coarsely chopped Florida tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until desired doneness. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet and cook sausage until evenly browned.
- Stir in zucchini and garlic and cook for two minutes. Add flour a little at a time, stirring until blended. Stir in tomatoes, milk and salt. Simmer on low heat until mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir cooked pasta into sauce, and heat through. Sprinkle with parsley.
Return to Main Dishes