- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups grated Florida carrots
- 2 cups grated Florida zucchini, pat dry with paper towel
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (cheddar, jack or your favorite)
- sour cream (optional)
- oil or cooking spray
- Use a cheese grater to carefully grate carrots and zucchini.
- Prepare pancake mix as directed on box.
- Add grated carrots, zucchini and cheese to pancake batter.
- Heat a medium size nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. When the pan is heated, lightly coat with oil or cooking spray.
- Spoon about 1/4-cup batter per pancake into the skillet. Cook pancakes in batches until all batter is gone. Let cool and cut into strips or wedges. Serve with low-fat sour cream for dipping.
- To freeze, let pancakes cool and then place a sheet of wax paper between each pancake. Place stack in an airtight freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 6 weeks.
- To reheat, remove wax paper from layers of pancakes. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place pancakes in a single layer on an ungreased cookie sheet. Cover pancakes with foil to avoid burning. Bake 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Yield 10 to 12 pancakes
Return to Main Dishes