- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh Florida sweet corn kernels, cooked and cooled (add 1/2 cup for baby)
- 1 large red Florida bell pepper, trimmed and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (option)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Add the onion and black beans.
- Cook the corn kernels in a small saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove the kernels with a slotted spoon and plunge them into an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Pat dry and add to the onion mixture.
- Add the red pepper to the onion mixture along with the parsley. Toss well. Add salt and pepper to taste
Yield 6 Servings
Return to Sides