- 4 large Florida tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Combine bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and spread the bread crumb mixture evenly over top of cut side of tomatoes. Spray each tomato with cooking spray and bake uncovered for about 15 minutes.
- Change oven setting to broil and move tomatoes to the broil rack. Broil for about 3 minutes or just until brown and crusty.
- Remove and serve as a side dish or over lettuce as a light lunch.
Return to Sides