- 1 3/4 cups cornmeal
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup Florida honey
- 2 large Florida eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- Grease and flour 12 to 15 muffin cups. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, honey and cooled melted butter.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry mixture and stir until all ingredients are moistened.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until browned and firm to a light touch.
Yield 12 to 15 muffins
Return to Sides