- 1 Florida onion, chopped
- 1 large Florida green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large Florida tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups Florida corn (from 5 to 6 ears)
- 1/2 pound Florida okra, trimmed and diced small
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook onion and bell pepper in butter in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to brown, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes start to make a sauce, about 15 minutes.
- Add corn and okra and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Yield 6 servings
Return to Sides