- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup Florida fruit (blueberries, strawberries or mangos), chopped
- 1 Florida egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- oil or cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, oatmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder, then add fruit.
- In another bowl, break the egg and slightly beat with a fork. Add milk and vegetable oil to the egg and mix ingredients together.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry mixture in the large bowl. Using a mixing spoon, mix about 25 or 30 times, until mixture is slightly lumpy.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners or lightly coat with oil or cooking spray. Carefully spoon muffin batter into muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 of the way. Bake for 20 minutes.
- After the muffins have cooled, remove from the tin.
- Wrap extra muffins individually in plastic wrap or heavy foil; store in a freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Yield 12 medium-sized muffins
Return to Sides