- 1 pound medium Florida zucchini
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove Florida garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh Florida basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Grate zucchini.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then sauté zucchini and garlic, stirring, until zucchini is just beginning to soften, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cool 10 minutes.
- Add basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt remaining tablespoon butter in an 8-inch nonstick skillet and remove from heat. Arrange one fourth of zucchini mixture in a layer in skillet and sprinkle with one fourth of parmesan. Repeat layering 3 times.
- Cook skillet cake over moderate heat until bottom of cake is well browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Slide cake onto a large paper plate, then place skillet over cake and, holding plate firmly, invert cake back into skillet.
- Cook cake, shaking skillet frequently to prevent sticking, until underside is browned, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Slide cake onto a platter. Cut like a pizza. Serve and enjoy.
Yield 2-4 servings
Tip: For Baby – Set aside one extra zucchini for baby food. Wash and cut into small slices or chunks; do not remove skins. Steam squash until tender. Place into food grinder and puree. Add water as necessary to achieve a smooth, thin consistency. Freeze any extra portions in ice cube tray for use later.
Return to Sides