- Florida melons of choice (watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew)
- Vanilla-flavored low-fat yogurt (regular or Greek)
- Assorted Florida berries for decorating
- For cantaloupe and honeydew, peel melons with a knife and cut in half to remove seeds.
- Cut melons into ½ inch thick slices
- Use fun shaped cookie cutters to cut the melon
- Decorate the cut-outs with yogurt and fresh berries to make them an edible work of art.
- Place some yogurt into a plastic sandwich bag and cut a small piece of the corner off to use as a pastry bag to draw on the cut-outs.
- Use smaller cookie cutters to make fun cut-out kebobs that can be put on a skewer.
- Use number or letter cut-outs to create a special message.
- Try layering the same cut-out with different color fruit for a fun multi-color look.
- Use fruit cut-outs to add some fun and creativity as a side to any dish.
Return to Snacks